Definition of rocket science in English:
noun[mass noun, usually with negative] humorous
Something very difficult to understand: we want you to get out and vote—it’s not exactly rocket science
More example sentences
- Organic weed control is not rocket science, but it does take understanding the anatomy and physiology of the crop plants, the weeds and the soil.
- Setting up on your own isn't rocket science, but it does take nerve and an injection of capital to get you rolling.
- The chord changes aren't rocket science, but the rhythms are fast and the fills are rare, quick and poisonous.
rocket scientist noun
- Example sentences
- The oldest, a rocket scientist, is now a father himself, the youngest is off to university to read medicine.
- One spot hypes the technic roller coaster with the tag, ‘Every rocket scientist remembers their first introduction to a little thing called G-Force.’
- I had no idea that Von Braun, developer of the V - 2, was Hitler's chief rocket scientist.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan