Definition of rocket science in English:
noun[mass noun, usually with negative] humorous
Something very difficult to understand: we want you to get out and vote—it’s not exactly rocket science
More example sentences
- Organic weed control is not rocket science, but it does take understanding the anatomy and physiology of the crop plants, the weeds and the soil.
- Setting up on your own isn't rocket science, but it does take nerve and an injection of capital to get you rolling.
- The chord changes aren't rocket science, but the rhythms are fast and the fills are rare, quick and poisonous.
- rocket scientist noun
- Example sentences
- The oldest, a rocket scientist, is now a father himself, the youngest is off to university to read medicine.
- One spot hypes the technic roller coaster with the tag, ‘Every rocket scientist remembers their first introduction to a little thing called G-Force.’
- I had no idea that Von Braun, developer of the V - 2, was Hitler's chief rocket scientist.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.