1An avalanche of loose rocks.
- There are crevasses to fall into, rockfalls, avalanches, and severe weather, particularly the wind, on such a mountain.
- The topography is rugged and complex, prone to rockfalls and avalanches.
- Effective techniques of fighting the enemy in the mountains are induced rockfalls, avalanches, glacier movements and mudslides.
1.1A mass of fallen rock.
- The Glen Lyon Millennium Event takes the form of a horseshoe route which follows an old peat track past a flowing burn, replete with deep pools, rockfalls and ancient trees.
- In eight groups of rockfalls more than 75,000 years old, broken speleothems are the only record of the prehistoric seismicity.
- On first inspection it looked none too promising with the roof of a nice 2m wide by 1m tall shaped passage giving out to a loose rockfall.
Definition of rockfall in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.