(also rockhopper penguin)
A small penguin with a yellowish crest, breeding on subantarctic coastal cliffs which it ascends by hopping from rock to rock.
- Eudyptes chrysocome, family Spheniscidae
More example sentences
- They are the main icon of the continent, and there are plenty of penguin names, including chinstraps, gentoos, jackasses, kings, macaronis, rockhoppers.
- The rockhopper penguin looks like it has very crazy ‘hairstyle’.
- This time will provide the window of opportunity to collect the baseline health data on mallard ducks and rockhopper penguins prior to the teals’ release.
More definitions of rockhopperDefinition of rockhopper in:
- The US English dictionary