Definition of rockslide in English:
1An avalanche of rock or other stony material.
- Don't forget that, in the end, it's not lightning or rapids, avalanches or equipment, rockslides or icefalls that are going to get you.
- There were always small rockslides or mudslides happening there.
- As the sonic booms of her passage echoed from the rocky canyons, though, small rockslides tossed debris into the murky water as if to signal some kind of warning.
1.1A mass of stony material deposited by a rockslide.
- Three of us had threaded the needle between two peaks and descended the rockslides in order to fish a lake perched under the summit of Mount Oso.
- Traveling south by van, Teddy and her Nature Conservancy companions were hindered by rockslides but continued on to Deqin.
- An overflight of the epicentral region on Wednesday revealed numerous small rockslides and snowslides adjacent to the fault over a 25-mile long zone.
Definition of rockslide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.