- Denoting a passenger ferry in which vehicles are driven directly on at the start of the voyage and driven off at the end of it.More example sentences
- The ro-ro ferry, with 12 passengers on board, lost power in gale force winds while approaching St Margaret's Hope in March.
- The first is by roll-on roll-off vessel, the vehicle being driven below decks where it is secured and then driven off at its destination.
- The yard is working on eight ships at the moment, five being ro-ro ferries.
More definitions of roll-on roll-offDefinition of roll-on roll-off in:
- The US English dictionary