- Each of a pair of boots or metal frames fitted to shoes with four or more small wheels, for gliding across a hard surface.More example sentences
- The four wheels and the metal plate on a roller skate are much heavier than the single blade on an ice skate.
- The softboot skates feel more like a hiking boot than a roller skate.
- He came up with a four-wheel skate with two pairs of wheels side by side, and so the modern four-wheel roller skate was created.
More definitions of roller skateDefinition of roller skate in:
- The US English dictionary