- Exuberantly lively and amusing: this is all good rollicking funMore example sentences
- One would've had more rollicking good fun in an evening of prayers for the dead.
- But, overall, this is rollicking good fun and a genuinely thrilling entry into the movie series which does much to erase any doubts that their finest had lost his edge.
- Sunday's closing gala cabaret promises to be a rollicking affair.
nounBritish • informal
- A severe reprimand: I’ve had a bit of a rollicking for not riding with more restraintMore example sentences
- You need someone who will hand out rollockings, pull people about and get them into shape.
- You clearly get a bit down after games like that, when you get a deserved rollocking off the gaffer.
- The first thing that struck me was he wasn't afraid to give me a rollocking, even though we had been teammates.
1930s: euphemistic alteration of bollocking.