- A rondeau, especially one of three stanzas of thirteen or fourteen lines with a two line refrain.More example sentences
- We are still writing sonnets, villanelles, sestinas, even pantoums and triolets, ballades and rondels, as well as inventing ‘nonce’ forms to suit our uses.
- Does it matter whether one writes villanelles, rondels, sestinas or kyrielles?
- Like all the poems in the cycle, it is cast as a rondel, with an ironic (here italicised) refrain.
Middle English: from Old French, from rond 'round'; compare with roundel.
More definitions of rondelDefinition of rondel in:
- The US English dictionary