noun (plural rondos)
- A musical form with a recurring leading theme, often found in the final movement of a sonata or concerto.More example sentences
- The same term can be used appropriately for sections of sonata rondos or concerto movements.
- The finale is a headlong rondo with affinities to sonata form.
- The listener can make analogies to classical forms like sonata, rondo, scherzo and trio, and so on, but the driving engine of the music remains almost always continuous variation.
late 18th century: Italian, from French rondeau (see rondeau).
More definitions of rondoDefinition of rondo in:
- The US English dictionary