noun (plural same or ronins)• historical
- (In feudal Japan) a wandering samurai who had no lord or master.More example sentences
- In 1614 Hideyori fortified himself inside Osaka castle with over 100,000 troops, many of whom were ronin, dispossessed samurai whose masters had perished in battle.
- Many of these outlaws were ronin - masterless samurai warriors.
- Shirai did teach swordsmanship in Okayama, but he was never officially registered as an Okayama samurai and he remained a ronin (masterless samurai) throughout his life.
More definitions of roninDefinition of ronin in:
- The US English dictionary