- A screen, typically of richly carved wood or stone, separating the nave from the chancel of a church. Rood screens are found throughout western Europe and date chiefly from the 14th-16th centuries.More example sentences
- Not just any old rood screen - but probably the best rood screen in all of England.
- Today the building has interesting features including stained glass windows, a carved rood screen, a pipe organ, a choir vestry and a beautifully carved pulpit.
- He explains, moreover, the underlying meaning of chancel, altar, liturgy, rood and rood screen - their crucial role in separating parishioners from the stage and drama of the Mass.
More definitions of rood screenDefinition of rood screen in:
- The US English dictionary