1A person occupying the same room as another.
- We were room-mates during my formative years in international cricket.
- His room-mate was not in the room at the moment, which made him glad.
- There was a major improvement to her college living conditions this semester; she and Leah were now room-mates.
1.1North American A person occupying the same room, flat, or house as another.
- For the last two years they have been room-mates in the same house.
- We haven't been room-mates for nine years, and it wasn't even in this flat!
Definition of room-mate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.