noun[mass noun] North American
- An effervescent drink made from an extract of the roots and bark of certain plants.More example sentences
- I found a low-carb recipe for a root beer float, involving diet root beer, heavy cream, and artificial sweetener.
- Morgan shook his head and drank deeply from his root beer.
- Soda is something we all can live without (even though I have a craving for root beer every now and then).
More definitions of root beerDefinition of root beer in:
- The US English dictionary