- • informal Support or hope for the success of (a person or group entering a contest or undertaking a challenge): the whole of this club is rooting for himMore example sentences
- And yet… could they really trust the happy reaction of a hometown crowd so inclined to root for their success?
- By the end you'll be rooting for our British hope and begging for the romantic payoff.
- The room exploded with shouts and cheers as people rooted for their favorite.
More definitions of root forDefinition of root for in:
- The US English dictionary