A disease of cultivated flowers and vegetables caused by eelworm infestation, resulting in galls on the roots.
- The eelworms belong to the genus Meloidogyne, class Nematoda
More example sentences
- In U.S. cotton, the major species comprise root-knot, reniform, lance, and sting nematodes.
- The research team discovered a comprehensive spectrum of parasitism genes in root-knot and cyst nematodes.
- Some soils, especially the warm, sandy loams that peas do well in, are often infested with root-knot nematodes.
Definition of root-knot in:
- The US English dictionary