- Conventional tillage is effective for reducing populations of many biennial and perennial weeds that may arise from rhizomes or rootstocks.
- In addition, weeds left uncontrolled may harbor insects and diseases and produce seed or rootstocks which infest the field and affect future crops.
- It propagates itself by seeding and by creeping rootstock, so keep an eye on it and limit its growth.
2A plant on to which another variety is grafted.
- When we were first setting out, we grew our own rootstock and grafted the cultivars ourselves.
- The 1999 season was devoted to orchestrating the necessary nursery work in California to get the varieties they had chosen grafted on to rootstocks suitable for their soils.
- All of these qualities vary with the species of fruit tree, the variety, and rootstock.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: root|stock
Definition of rootstock in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.