adjective (rortier, rortiest)British • informal
- Boisterous and high-spirited.More example sentences
- Perversely, as soon as they take delivery, most owners are expected to ignore these rules anyway and replace the expensive silencer with the original rorty exhaust system.
- To this end a lot of work has been done on the induction and exhaust systems so that under certain circumstances they enable that V8 to produce a downright rorty snarl - just like a real sports car should.
- It also received funding, which a number of bloggers thought a bit rorty at the time (state money to try and win votes).
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of rortyDefinition of rorty in:
- The US English dictionary