- 1Of a warm pink colour: rose-coloured silksMore example sentences
- In addition to caressing her slim body like another layer of skin, the teddy is made of a warm rose-colored silk that brings out some much-needed extra color in her cheeks.
- She looked smart in her Napoleon-shaped hat, and a silk rose-coloured scarf pinned with a cameo brooch, when we went to the town for provisions to stock the larder.
- Konah watched as his mother's deft hand wove in and out in an ornate pattern, transforming even the beautiful soft rose-coloured silk into something far more lovely.
- 1.1Used in reference to a naively optimistic or idealistic viewpoint: you are still seeing the profession through rose-coloured spectaclesMore example sentences
- I just didn't do the whole smiley, happy thing where I looked at everything optimistically and marveled at the world through rose-colored glasses.
- Within seconds, the door to the bedroom swiftly opened to reveal a concerned-looking azure-haired young lady wearing pink polka-dot pajamas and a pair of rose-colored glasses.
- While the arguments for implementation of e-voting in a country that has a perniciously rose-coloured view of its technological status in this tattered chapter of the Celtic Tiger, the practical difficulties are actually quite large.
More definitions of rose-colouredDefinition of rose-coloured in:
- The US English dictionary