An ornamental hibiscus.
- Genus Hibiscus, family Malvaceae, in particular H. rosa-sinensis
More example sentences
- Confederate rose or rose mallow, Hibiscus mutabilis, may have a single trunk, but typically is grown as a multitrunked, billowy shrub or small tree.
- Typical shrubs include squawbush (a type of sumac); coral bean and fairy duster (both members of the pea family); two types of hibiscus, or rose mallow; and cliff Fendler bush.
- Old-timers tell us that many dunes were once ablaze with rose mallows.
Definition of rose mallow in:
- The US English dictionary