- 1A low shrub with dense foliage and large golden-yellow flowers, native to SE Europe and Asia Minor and widely cultivated for ground cover.
More example sentences
- Hypericum calycinum, family Guttiferae
- Summer- and fall-blooming shrubs include such plants as abelia, beautyberry, butterfly bush, rose of Sharon, crepe myrtle and summersweet.
- I first noticed the hardy shrub called rose of Sharon while traveling one midsummer across the southern plains.
- She extracts subjects from the text - pomegranates, the rose of Sharon, the ‘lily among thorns ‘- and paints each with a deliberateness that bridges the familiar and the sacred, the tangible and the mysterious.’
- 1.1(In biblical use) a flowering plant of unknown identity.More example sentences
- You are the rose of Sharon, the fairest of the fair.
More definitions of rose of SharonDefinition of rose of Sharon in:
- The US English dictionary