Definition of roseate in English:
1Rose-coloured: the early, roseate light
More example sentences
- A choicely clad company has assembled under a colonnade, their glossy-faced children as if chipped from roseate pearl, their spaniel dogs straight out of a scene painted by Metsu or Terborch.
- Naturally she has paid close attention to her immensely panniered sea-green dress and the long stomacher of roseate buckles which clasps the narrow span of her waist.
- Manet was starkly linear, and sober in his coloration, whilst Renoir preferred loose curves and a roseate blur.
1.1Used in names of birds with partly pink plumage, e.g. roseate tern.
- Ram Island had been cleared of competing gulls some years ago to open up beach nesting habitat for the endangered roseate tern (Sterna dougallii dougallii), which then flocked to nest there.
- Warner's Island historically provided habitat for the endangered roseate tern, which prefers nesting on small islands under or adjacent to objects that provide cover.
- Some islands provide nesting habitat that is critical to the survival of the endangered roseate tern.
Definition of roseate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.