1 (also rosebay willowherb) A tall willowherb with pink flowers, native to north temperate regions and often spreading on burnt ground.
- Epilobium (or Chamaenerion) angustifolium, family Onagraceae
More example sentences
- This is a white form of our old enemy the rosebay willowherb, but once you have seen it growing in a border backed by dark hedging you will forget all about its evil relatives.
- There's the winter debris of the summer's plants, especially the strong gaunt stands of thistles, frizzy wands of rosebay willowherb, and upturned umbrellas of umbelliferae.
- It was however simply a plumed seed of rosebay willowherb whose offspring in a late summer breeze swirl through the air like snow in winter.
More definitions of rosebayDefinition of rosebay in:
- The US English dictionary