- An Asian finch found chiefly in mountainous areas, the male of which has predominantly pinkish-red plumage.
More example sentences
- Carpodacus and other genera, family Fringillidae: many species
- Each day there seemed to be something special that we saw or heard: the aquatic warbler, a citrine wagtail, a rosefinch, a penduline tit flying in and out of its nest or a bittern booming.
- But the population of bird species such as rosefinches, spotted doves and grey jungle fowl did go up during the flowering.
- The valley has hosted a mountain rosefinch population of about 150-300 breeding pairs since the 1970s. Breeding habitats for rosefinches consist of shrubby, mostly wet and humid meadows.