noun[mass noun] Medicine
- 1A rose-coloured rash occurring in measles, typhoid fever, syphilis, and some other diseases.More example sentences
- Most other respiratory viruses (such as regular measles, mumps, roseola, mononucleosis [‘mono’] and bronchiolitis) don't seem to increase the normal risk for birth defects.
- In your daughter's case, I think she may be having either heat rash, eczema, rubella or bacterial infection - but not chicken pox, measles or roseola because these are accompanied by high fever.
- 1.1 (in full roseola infantum /ɪnˈfantəm/) A disease of young children in which a fever is followed by a rash, caused by a herpesvirus.More example sentences
- Roseola (also known as sixth disease, exanthem subitum, and roseola infantum) is a viral illness in young children, most commonly affecting children between the ages of 6 months and 2 years.
- Seizures are most likely to occur early in an illness (such as roseola, colds, gastrointestinal infection) when the fever is rising quickly.
- Illnesses that most commonly cause febrile convulsions include viral upper respiratory infections such as flu, ear infections, or roseola (a virus causing a temperature and rash).
early 19th century: modern variant of rubeola, from Latin roseus 'rose-coloured'.
More definitions of roseolaDefinition of roseola in:
- The US English dictionary