noun[usually as modifier]
- An aerofoil that rotates in an approximately horizontal plane, providing all or most of the lift in a helicopter or autogiro: a leading authority in rotary wing design rotary wing aircraftMore example sentences
- Over time, initiative was slowly regained through suppression missions with airlifted mortar assets and close air support provided by fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
- The system gives 360° coverage against fixed and rotary wing aircraft, unmanned air vehicles and air launched missiles.
- He still has a long-term goal of becoming a rotary wing pilot.
More definitions of rotary wingDefinition of rotary wing in:
- The US English dictionary