Definition of rotator in English:
1A thing which rotates or which causes something to rotate: T Tauri stars are slow rotators its main boom is fitted with an adjustable head to accommodate rotators
More example sentences
- This is a combined rotator and tilting mechanism with a multi-directional action that allows buckets, grapples, grapple saws, or other attachments to be positioned exactly where required for any job.
- They modified the base of the device to raise the mounting plate of the rotator so that the axis of the rotator is on the same level as the hub of the tone arm.
- If you live where there is only one nearby city with television stations then a rotator is probably useless because television transmitters are usually all located in the same place in one city.
1.1 Anatomy A muscle whose contraction causes or assists in the rotation of a part of the body.
- The quads, hip flexors, hip rotators, hamstrings and glutes are primary core stabilizers.
- Treatment is conservative and consists of rest followed by stretching of the hip flexors and rotators, then strengthening and gradual return to sport.
- Since the rotators are endurance muscles, they require more repetitions to build strength.
Words that rhyme with rotatorcater, crater, creator, curator, data, debater, delator, dumbwaiter, equator, fascinator, freighter, frustrater, gaiter, grater, gyrator, hater, later, legator, mater, negator, pater, peseta, plater, skater, slater, stater, tater, traitor, ultimata, understater, upstater, waiter
Definition of rotator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan