Definition of rotavator in English:
A machine with rotating blades for breaking up or tilling the soil.
- We have been able to come up with an old tractor with a bucket that moves the materials, and we also have a rotovator with which we can mix the materials.
- I hired a rotavator and got last year's pig pen turned over ready for the sowing of seeds starting next month.
- He said that it was felt that some of the implements like rotavators and bed planters being very costly, were not within the reach of the farmer.
- Example sentences
- The five volunteers who have already signed up have joined the four project staff in ploughing, rotavating and digging the plot to prepare for cultivation.
- Over 25 years ago the field was rotovated, drained and levelled.
- One section has also been sown with green manure, including clovers, which grow in the soil but can be rotovated back in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan