A machine with rotating blades for breaking up or tilling the soil.
- We have been able to come up with an old tractor with a bucket that moves the materials, and we also have a rotovator with which we can mix the materials.
- I hired a rotavator and got last year's pig pen turned over ready for the sowing of seeds starting next month.
- He said that it was felt that some of the implements like rotavators and bed planters being very costly, were not within the reach of the farmer.
- Example sentences
- The five volunteers who have already signed up have joined the four project staff in ploughing, rotavating and digging the plot to prepare for cultivation.
- Over 25 years ago the field was rotovated, drained and levelled.
- One section has also been sown with green manure, including clovers, which grow in the soil but can be rotovated back in.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ro¦ta|va¦tor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.