Definition of rotisserie in English:
1A restaurant specializing in roasted or barbecued meat.
- Far from the ‘sauce brune’ you get at other rotisseries, sauces here include red curry and bamboo shoots, lemon, chilli and mango chutney and ginger with Asian mushrooms.
- Ragueneau's pastry shop and rotisserie is abuzz with movement.
- The proprietor of a famous bakery and rotisserie, he is known as a patron of the arts, and is also a poet himself.
2A cooking appliance with a rotating spit for roasting and barbecuing meat.
- There are pizza ovens, griddles, infrared rotisseries, built-in woks, deep-fryers - you can customize your outdoor kitchen to suit the food you cook and the way you want to entertain.
- Most spend an hour or two on a rotisserie, but some are oven-roasted, others grilled.
- A poured concrete floor without mats made me cringe, but the windows were spotless, the sinks were empty, the rotisseries shiny and squeaky clean.
Mid 19th century: from French rôtisserie, from rôtir 'to roast'.
Words that rhyme with rotisseriepâtisserie
Definition of rotisserie in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan