- A round building or room, especially one with a dome.More example sentences
- Similar to the curving rotundas of many capitol buildings, but, crucially, allowing in more daylight, it is monumental without losing its human scale.
- Visitors during the summer of 2002 may expect to see a new black-and-white marble floor in the rotunda beneath the dome.
- If he treats the rotunda like the tower, some solar shading may be in the works.
early 17th century: alteration of Italian rotonda (camera) 'round (chamber)', feminine of rotondo 'round' (see rotund).
More definitions of rotundaDefinition of rotunda in:
- The US English dictionary