(also chiefly North American ruble)
- The basic monetary unit of Russia and some other former republics of the USSR, equal to 100 kopeks.More example sentences
- Trailfinders recommends travellers take US dollars as you cannot buy or sell roubles outside Russia.
- Yukos shares closed at 143.50 roubles in Russia, having dropped by as much as 12% in earlier trading.
- The rouble plummeted overnight after Russia refused to pay for its internal debts and permitted banks to not fulfil their obligations to foreign partners.
via French from Russian rublʹ.
More definitions of roubleDefinition of rouble in:
- The US English dictionary