- French term for red mullet, used especially in cookery. quickly grilled local rougets [mass noun]: monkfish and rouget, sea bass and shrimpMore example sentences
- The broiled rouget (with daikon radish and crunchy yellow lentils) had a similarly monkish, almost dried-out quality.
- For the rouget: In a bowl, combine the spinach, clams, chanterelle mushrooms, ham, garlic purée, and half of the thyme.
- Season and sear the petit rouget, skin-side-down, until desired doneness.
More definitions of rougetDefinition of rouget in:
- The US English dictionary