1A first draft of a piece of writing.
- We encourage paper recycling and so drafts and rough copies are printed on the back of previously used, but no longer needed pieces of A4.
- I'll let you in on a little secret: I usually try to bang these things out, at least a rough copy, on the Sunday night prior to the Thursday on which you read them.
- I re-read the rough copy of this the other day, and have completely rediscovered my enthusiasm for it!
2A copy of a picture showing only the essential features.
- Look at these rough copies, little contact prints, glued.
- She painted the other, whom she nicknamed ‘Spy,’ subconsciously painting a rough copy of herself, same aquiline nose, short stature, Asian complexion, and long dark hair.
- It's a rough copy of the map the Judiciar keeps for tax collecting.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: rough copy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.