Definition of rough copy in English:
1A first draft of a piece of writing.
- We encourage paper recycling and so drafts and rough copies are printed on the back of previously used, but no longer needed pieces of A4.
- I'll let you in on a little secret: I usually try to bang these things out, at least a rough copy, on the Sunday night prior to the Thursday on which you read them.
- I re-read the rough copy of this the other day, and have completely rediscovered my enthusiasm for it!
2A copy of a picture showing only the essential features.
- Look at these rough copies, little contact prints, glued.
- She painted the other, whom she nicknamed ‘Spy,’ subconsciously painting a rough copy of herself, same aquiline nose, short stature, Asian complexion, and long dark hair.
- It's a rough copy of the map the Judiciar keeps for tax collecting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan