- 1A person who rides horses frequently.More example sentences
- At the end of the day the ravenous gang of cow-punchers and rough-riders sat down to a hearty meal.
- 1.2 (Rough Rider) A member of a volunteer cavalry force during the Spanish-American War.More example sentences
- He became commander of the First Volunteer Cavalry, the Rough Riders, with Roosevelt as his No.2.
- In 1898 Roosevelt saw combat as commander of the First US Volunteer Cavalry Regiment, known as The Rough Riders, in Cuba during the Spanish-American War.
- He was turned down by Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders during the Spanish-American War.
More definitions of rough-riderDefinition of rough-rider in:
- The US English dictionary