- 1 • dialect & Australian , • dated A hooligan.More example sentences
- That makes him, to use the vernacular, a roughie.
- They have always been happy to exploit sexual innuendo, while all the time claiming that it - not the roughies on the other side - stood for civility in political debate.
- 2Australian /NZ An outsider in a horse race.More example sentences
- Three roughies if your looking for better money are Yippio, Primrose sands and always the bridesmaid, Kaapstad Way.
- 3 variant spelling of roughy.
More definitions of roughieDefinition of roughie in:
- The US English dictionary