Definition of round trip in English:
1A journey to one or more places and back again, especially by a route that does not cover the same ground twice.
- The round trip is a whopping 12,400 miles, and Nicole's journey is the fastest known return migration of any swimming animal, the researchers say.
- The publicity secretary said people wishing to travel would only pay a nominal fee of K50,000 for a round trip including meals.
- Tour managers will make two-hour round trips to retrieve mislaid mobile phones, and they'll field calls from partners.
1.1 [often as modifier] chiefly North American A journey to a place and back again, along the same route: a round-trip air fare
More example sentences
- At this time, next winter's round-trip fares between New York and London, excluding tax, are $375 weekdays and $433 for weekends.
- The purchase of a lithograph would entitle each buyer to a four-day weekend for two in Paris, including round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations.
- I paid around $50 for a round-trip business-class seat, which was cheaper than gas for a car, cushier than a first-class airplane seat and equipped with AC power for my laptop.
Definition of round trip in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.