Definition of round trip in English:
1A journey to one or more places and back again, especially by a route that does not cover the same ground twice.
- The round trip is a whopping 12,400 miles, and Nicole's journey is the fastest known return migration of any swimming animal, the researchers say.
- The publicity secretary said people wishing to travel would only pay a nominal fee of K50,000 for a round trip including meals.
- Tour managers will make two-hour round trips to retrieve mislaid mobile phones, and they'll field calls from partners.
1.1 [often as modifier] chiefly North American A journey to a place and back again, along the same route: a round-trip air fare
More example sentences
- At this time, next winter's round-trip fares between New York and London, excluding tax, are $375 weekdays and $433 for weekends.
- The purchase of a lithograph would entitle each buyer to a four-day weekend for two in Paris, including round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations.
- I paid around $50 for a round-trip business-class seat, which was cheaper than gas for a car, cushier than a first-class airplane seat and equipped with AC power for my laptop.
Definition of round trip in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan