1A short, simple song with a refrain.
- I've passed girls singing choral roundelays on Holyrood Road.
- They sat next to each other, face-to face, in the background, a roundelay of harp music playing softly.
- Metz's new arrangement focuses on ensembles supporting the soloists, and a concluding sixteen-bar roundelay with piano exchanges between clarinet, saxophone, trombone, and drums.
1.1A circle dance.
- Many felt the director did just that with this film, a clever but routine roundelay of British aristocracy and murder.
- The film is a roundelay of unfulfilled desires: Frances is a beautiful woman, now dying, who wants to heal the emotional damage she's left in her wake.
- There is a comic roundelay that makes sense on its face, but if you think about it for a second, you realize how forced and unreal it is.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: round|elay
Definition of roundelay in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.