1A railway locomotive maintenance shed built around a turntable.
- The complex included a roundhouse built in 1924, and a massive Back Shop, constructed in 1905, along with dozens of other ancillary structures.
- There were several switches, bridges and tunnels, signals and watertowers, and a roundhouse in the center.
2 informal A blow given with a wide sweep of the arm: he caught Dad on the head with a roundhouse [as modifier]: he’d taken a roundhouse punch
More example sentences
- I was blocking high, to stop the roundhouse, and the sweep caught me totally off guard.
- Both are limited to essentially one fighting move, a roundhouse punch, which makes for very repetitive and dull action sequences.
- He pulled him off of her and, dodging a few punches, landed a few jabs and then a roundhouse punch.
2.2A wide turn on a surfboard.
Definition of roundhouse in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.