1Exciting; stirring: a rousing speech
More example sentences
- Before we begin, let's all join in a rousing chorus of our anthem.
- It's the rousing finale to the exciting Angel series.
- The outer movements are best - rousing and exciting music that can help cover the lack of great melodies.
- Example sentences
- The most successful war-related song, which outsold anything by Dylan, was Sergeant Barry Sadler's rousingly patriotic 1966 hit ‘The Ballad of the Green Berets’.
- Clearly, the hope is that moviegoers will find it rousingly topical.
- It would have been easy for him to write a rousingly romantic biography which glossed over the enormous contradictions of Ryan's career.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: rous|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.