noun (plural same)
- A mixture of fat (especially butter) and flour used in making sauces.More example sentences
- His recipe has you make a roux of five tablespoons each flour and butter, to which you add one and one-half cups stock.
- Whisk the milk and cream mixture into the roux and cook for four minutes, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula.
- While all of this was going on, he showed me how to make a roux.
from French (beurre) roux 'browned (butter)'.
More definitions of rouxDefinition of roux in:
- The US English dictionary