- 1A person who spends their time wandering: they became rovers who departed further and further from civilizationMore example sentences
- I could take on a crew and sail to Canada in my own boat instead of booking passage, or turn into a rover of the sea, going where I please and doing what I like.
- But who is he, this invisible being that rules me, this unknowable being, this rover of a supernatural race?
- 3A vehicle for driving over rough terrain, especially one driven by remote control over extraterrestrial terrain: a lunar roverMore example sentences
- So any reduction in wait time can be important particularly if you're remote-controlling a Mars rover.
- Both Mars rovers came into their landings faster than expected, only just decelerating in time even with the benefit of braking thrusters.
- This allows us to program the rover's traverses across the terrain visually and to place its arm with a high degree of precision.
- 6 (Rover or Rover Scout) A member of a Scouting organization aged around 17-24.More example sentences
- It was between 1926 and 1936 that I was Scouting and I remember his dad at that time as a Rover Scout, as was my brother, who later became Cub Master.