- Reverse an earlier decision or previously held opinion; backtrack: he rowed back on his comments the following day if the government attempts to row back from its commitments, disaster will resultMore example sentences
- Yesterday he seemed to be rowing back from his previous night's attacks on capitalist greed.
- There can be no rowing back on that commitment.
- The company has now completed the U-turn in its strategy which has seen it rowing back from its grand plans to become a multinational multi-utility.
More definitions of row backDefinition of row back in:
- The US English dictionary