- A fitting on the gunwale of a boat which serves as a fulcrum for an oar and keeps it in place.More example sentences
- Frequently afterwards, according to the legend, the boat was seen returning to its moorings and the sound of the oars grinding in the rowlocks could be clearly heard.
- All the way out and all the way back, the only sounds to be heard, apart from our conversation, were the thunk of the oars in the rowlocks and the splashing of the water as the boat moved along.
- Although both carbon fibre oars were smashed to pieces and the stainless rowlock pins bent, the crew had two spare oars on board and managed to repair the rowlocks.
More definitions of rowlockDefinition of rowlock in:
- The US English dictionary