noun[mass noun] chiefly British
- Hard white icing made from icing sugar and egg whites, typically used to decorate fruit cakes.More example sentences
- Made from icing sugar and egg whites, royal icing sets like concrete.
- All the cakes were either topped with royal icing or butter icing.
- Decoration is important; festive fruit cakes are usually topped with marzipan and covered with royal icing, suitably embellished with piping, cut paper, and little figures.
More definitions of royal icingDefinition of royal icing in:
- The US English dictionary