- A sail above a sailing ship’s topgallant sail.More example sentences
- Phineas Pett's gigantic Sovereign of the Seas of 1637 not only carried the most complete rigging so far, sporting even the new royal sail, but it also sported 100 cannon on three decks.
- I didn't have to go 90 feet in the air to teach a new trainee how to stow a royal sail.
- Beyond the topgallant mast is the main royal mast; the yard is the main royal yard and the sail is the main royal sail.
More definitions of royal sailDefinition of royal sail in:
- The US English dictionary