- 2North American another term for washboard ( sense 1 of the noun).More example sentences
- When school was not in session I'd go back outside after breakfast and get out Grandma's rub board and wash paddle, shave some home made lie soap into the first pot and stoke the fires some more.
- After the solution came to a boil the pot was filled with sheets, pillow cases and towels which had been scrubbed on a rub board.
- At first it bothered me, for I was used to changing the linen every week, but it was difficult to wash clothes with the rub board and to heat the water in pails on the stove.
More definitions of rub boardDefinition of rub board in:
- The US English dictionary