- A tree that produces the latex from which rubber is manufactured, native to the Amazonian rainforest and widely cultivated elsewhere.
More example sentences
- Hevea brasiliensis, family Euphorbiaceae
- In contrast, latex from the tropical rubber tree Hevea brasiliensis can cause allergic reactions ranging from discomforting rashes to life-threatening shock.
- Natural latex is a milky fluid produced by the rubber tree and is used for manufacturing scores of everyday items.
- Also known as natural rubber latex, this milky cytosol is acquired by tapping the commercial rubber tree, Hevea brasiliensis.
More definitions of rubber treeDefinition of rubber tree in:
- The US English dictionary