- A deep red port, especially one matured in wood for only a few years and then fined: all vintage port is ruby port [count noun]: the wines generally shipped are the tawny and ruby portsMore example sentences
- As for Marsala Rubino, it bears the same resemblance to the historic Marsala as ruby port bears to vintage port.
- That's why I prefer a sweet, smooth, rounded ruby port wine with chocolate, rather than a bracingly intense wine, like Cabernet or Zinfandel.
- The grapes used in ruby port are just decent; still, the wine can be tasty, and the price is right.
More definitions of ruby portDefinition of ruby port in:
- The US English dictionary