Definition of rudderless in English:
1Lacking a rudder.
- The boat is rudderless; instead it has a nozzle surrounding the propeller that turns 22 degrees off center to port or starboard.
- They are a further step in the development of the lean, low profile, rudderless boat designs originally made famous by British kayak designers and sought after by expeditioners all over the world.
1.1Lacking a clear sense of one’s aims or principles: today’s leadership is rudderless
More example sentences
- Out of all the nations that make up the Union of Great Britain, England, at times, shows the most self-deprecating, wimpish and rudderless sense of national pride one could imagine.
- Readers will likely find the book's practical advice as rudderless as its ethical principles.
- But it is not entirely clear who is in charge - the whole project appears rudderless.
Definition of rudderless in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan