Definition of ruggedized in English:
adjectivechiefly North American
Designed or improved to be hard-wearing or shock-resistant: ruggedized computers suitable for use on the battlefield
More example sentences
- Many of our products are available with conduction cooling, conformal coating and extended temperature options and we have worked closely with customers to deliver enclosed designs for ruggedized applications.
- However, the consortium neglected to invite hard drive vendors, who had no interest in reducing their margins even further to design ruggedized external drives.
- The ruggedised system is designed for harsh defence force environments.
- Example sentences
- A system that scores low in ruggedization has sensitive components with maintenance procedures that are difficult to conduct in a field environment.
- The ruggedisation includes splash-proofing and drop-testing and the PDAs are particularly useful for in-store, on-the-road, factory and stock-taking duties.
- By passing the U.S. Army's rigorous ruggedization requirements, he thinks the company's display technology has been validated for use in consumer applications as well.
Definition of ruggedized in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan