adjectivechiefly North American
Designed or improved to be hard-wearing or shock-resistant: ruggedized computers suitable for use on the battlefield
More example sentences
- Many of our products are available with conduction cooling, conformal coating and extended temperature options and we have worked closely with customers to deliver enclosed designs for ruggedized applications.
- However, the consortium neglected to invite hard drive vendors, who had no interest in reducing their margins even further to design ruggedized external drives.
- The ruggedised system is designed for harsh defence force environments.
- Example sentences
- A system that scores low in ruggedization has sensitive components with maintenance procedures that are difficult to conduct in a field environment.
- The ruggedisation includes splash-proofing and drop-testing and the PDAs are particularly useful for in-store, on-the-road, factory and stock-taking duties.
- By passing the U.S. Army's rigorous ruggedization requirements, he thinks the company's display technology has been validated for use in consumer applications as well.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: rug¦ged|ized
Definition of ruggedized in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.