- A SE Asian rose with dark green wrinkled leaves and deep pink flowers, widely used as a hedging plant.
More example sentences
- Rosa rugosa, family Rosaceae
- Not ideal conditions for most roses, but rugosas grow very well for her.
- This pink, fading with age to green, reminds me of my rugosa roses a bit.
- Bourbons, damasks, albas, gallicas, mosses and rugosas are all likely groups of roses to choose from for fragrance - the difficulty is narrowing down the candidates.
late 19th century: feminine of Latin rugosus (see rugose), used as a specific epithet.
More definitions of rugosaDefinition of rugosa in:
- The US English dictionary